A Family Based, Multi-Disciplinary Pediatric Weight Management Program
Bee Fit 4 Kids is a family oriented pediatric weight management program using evidenced based research to help overweight children and their families. The program will improve eating and exercise habits. Our program encourages children to do their personal best and reach their individual goals for weight loss/weight management and physical activity.
Weight management has become a serious issue for many children in the United States. GI for Kids, PLLC is proud to present a weight management and fitness program designed for children and their parents. This community-based program teaches children and their parents how to modify their lifestyle to include healthier food options and fun physical activities. All participants will find a supportive environment that will encourage them to reach their own individual goals and achieve their personal best.
Being overweight can have many serious medical complications. Eating too many calories and not exercising enough has led to your child becoming overweight. Growth requires good nutrition to develop healthy eating habits and exercise to help strengthen bones and improve lean body mass. Drinking too many calories from soft drinks or eating out too frequently as well as large amounts of sedentary activity can lead to increased weight gain. If you are overweight as a child you are at risk for being overweight as an adult. In order to lose weight your child must take in fewer calories that he/she uses. By increasing physical activity and decreasing total calories consumed in a day, your child can lose weight.
Participants must complete the pre-registration packet and obtain medical clearance from your primary care physician or referring physician. The length of the program will be determined by Bee Fit 4 Kids program directors and Support Staff.
How Can You Participate?
- Discuss the program with your physician to help determine if the program is best suited for your child.
- Schedule your first appointment for the orientation session.
- Make a commitment to complete the program and become healthier.
- One-on one pediatric weight management program administered by Registered Dietitians and Nurse Practitioners.
- The format allows Registered Dietitians to identify nutrition and fitness trouble areas immediately. This helps the staff to make appropriate changes so that weight management success is maximized.
- Physical activity is an essential part of the program. We will provide fun physical activities that will help your child reach their individual goals.
- Each family will be provided with:
- Materials and tools to support their child in the program
- Help with adoption of healthy lifestyle habits
- Nutrition and physical activity information
- Goal setting tips for long-term weight maintenance
- Participants will be able to:
- Set realistic goals
- Identify healthy portion sizes
- Understand how to read food labels
- Identify emotional eating and its triggers
- Gain the information needed to consume a balanced diet including all the food groups
- Learn the best ways to be more physically active
We are now accepting Insurance.